Team: Holly Fullmer, Melissa Bisbee and Holly Stoleson
Philosophy and Goals:
· learning to work and get along with others
· fostering a love of learning
· building academic readiness
Area: Colorado Academic Standards for Reading, Writing, and Communicating in
· learning names and sounds of the letters in the alphabet
· frequent opportunities to write stories, non-fiction, and poetry
· basic handwriting instruction
· basic sight words spelled correctly and used in writing
· rich and frequent experiences with a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction books including the use of easy readers
Our Reading Program Emphasizes Reading For Meaning through comprehension and reading strategies
Area: Colorado Academic Standards for Mathematics in Kindergarten include…
· free exploration of math materials
· numbers and number relationships
· understanding and building patterns
· sorting and classifying
· writing and solving number problems
Our Math Program emphasizes a wide variety of tasks using manipulatives to build mathematical concepts
Area: State Standards in Science and Social Studies for Kindergarten include...
· integrating knowledge learned in one area and applying to another area
· themes are incorporated to reinforce concepts and build understanding in the following areas:
· Social Studies: geography and map skills, honoring ourselves, our family and heritage, and understanding diversity
· Science: FOSS Science: Wood and paper, Animals 2x2, Weather and Seasons
We want the best for your child!
At Greenwood we want your child to...
...do well in school
...be able to make responsible decisions
...be accepted by others
...develop a positive self-image.